In many litigation disputes involving software, the merits of the case often boil down to what the software can or cannot do. That’s where we come in: our source code analysis services provide the insight necessary to determine if a particular piece of software is violating a licensing agreement, infringing a patent or copyright, or not performing some activity that it should be performing.
A common mistake among attorneys is to hire ordinary programmers to conduct a code analysis. They assume a programmer will be familiar with a particular programming language and that this familiarity will be sufficient for inspecting source code written in that language. In actuality, source code analysis (as part of a legal proceeding) is a forensic activity requiring numerous competencies that most ordinary programmers do not have. These competencies include exploring a forest in search of a single tree, knowledge of and familiarity with the right tools for the job, efficient analysis of code, inferring conclusions based on limited information, working under the pressures and constraints of litigation, and at least some minimal knowledge of IP law. Most ordinary programmers don’t know how to read a claim chart, for example.
Prolifogy offers source code analysis services in a number of languages, including but not limited to C, C++, C#, Java, Objective C, Verilog, and VHDL. All of our source code analysts not only have expertise in several programming languages, but also have received training in source code analysis and IP litigation. We offer code analysts with varying degrees of litigation experience to fit a wide range of needs and budgets. Many of our code analysts also serve as testifying expert witnesses and hold expertise in specific subject matter.
Prolifogy offers many advantages:
- We can provide one or many code analysts.
- Short notice is not a problem, and we can offer immediate availability in many cases.
- We are a one-stop shop for all code analysis and expert witness needs.
- We know, work with, and train all of our code analysts.
- We are not a referral service and do not mark up rates like expert witness referral services do.
- Tiered and flexible pricing arrangements are available. Rates vary based on past code analysis and testimony experience, level of expertise, and languages known.
To get started, contact us now via our web site or call us at (855) 776-5436 and ask for our code analysis services.